Friday, February 12, 2010

Hypothetically, If everything that Jesus said is true, would you do what he commanded?

Only Non-Christians please, Thank youHypothetically, If everything that Jesus said is true, would you do what he commanded?
Without sitting down and looking at all the specifics, I think I'm already doing what he commanded. The beatitudes and golden rule are fairly good descriptions of how I live my life.





I'm highly skeptical of the supernatural claims of Christianity, but I agree wholeheartedly that Jesus was a wise man with very good ideas.





EDIT:


Jeff, the text of the KJV is styled in medieval verse (no I don't believe that the translators were divinely inspired). The beatitudes in particular are poetic in form, and not subject to strict interpretation. By saying that the poor are blessed, Jesus identified with their suffering and said that it would be recognized. The beatitudes as a whole are an exhortation to live well and love one another, with specific examples. They are an example of how the world could be if we lived in peace: a beautiful concept and one I attempt to live. (Occasionally I succeed, though not often).





As far as dying in order to live (I assume that you're referring to John 12:24), I've already stated that I'm skeptical about the supernatural aspects of Christianity. I'm sure that Jesus and I differ on many matters of religion and theology. That doesn't change how I feel about his philosophical and social ideas. He's not my savior, but he's a very good example to the world. I don't worship him, but I'd definitely buy him a beer and listen to what he had to say.





Honestly, I'd probably do the same for you, if we ever met.Hypothetically, If everything that Jesus said is true, would you do what he commanded?
It's not hypothetical. God cannot lie. Jesus was God. So everything that Jesus says is true. So the answer is YES.





Beginning of story.
';Be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect.'; - Jesus





any takers?
No, Jesus was a man that was born from his mothers womb and that died. End of story!
i don't doubt that jesus ever lived. and if you could prove that everything he said was true then i don't think i would do as he commanded. i might be more willing if he asked me to do the things he talked about. according to a lot of christian posters your god gave us all free will so for you to say that jesus has commanded anyone to do anything is saying that he is taking away that which god gave and so he could not of been from god, so under your own wording of this question i would have to say no.
Hello my Brothers and Sisters. Its been quite a while since we last communicated. In answering this question I would just like to tell you that JESUS taught his fellowers and told them that there would be wars, rumours of wars, nations fighting against nations, farmine, earthquakes, division in the church, all this for his name sake. And also when Simon Peter asked him what is the greatest commandment of all, JESUS answered him and said ';To love one another just as he has loved us';. So I hope that this little piece of literature helps you. If you want to know more please feel free to get in touch again. God Bless you all.
nope, Jesus is jesus, me is me, you cant follow everything about him,
Yes, hypothetically, if what he said was true. I follow truth not Jesus, but that doesnt mean he could not speak the truth.
Greetings,


Non-hypothetically speaking;Were we to do that then we would be as close to the kingdom of heaven as we could be until we are to be given a translated body and actually go there. We are commanded to emulate Christ in all things bur scince we are in the fleshly bodies we have now this can not be done,but God doesn't hold it against us for He knows that we are weak and hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment